NDIS CAPACITY BUILDING COUNSELLING
YOUNG PEOPLE (12-24 YEARS)
At Nurture and Grow Counselling we:
* Provide specialised disability counselling for: Young People.
* We will provide a safe, nonjudgmental, empathetic & confidential environment for you or your family member.
WHAT DO YOU TALK ABOUT?
During the session with the therapist, you can share anything you wish to discuss, some people talk about their challenges, thoughts, dreams & emotions. This is your voice & your choice of what you would like to share.
Sometimes this might be difficult to know where to start, your therapist can assist with activities such as;
Creative therapy, Art /drawing interventions,
Storying through sand tray therapy,
Writing - narrative,
Games & quizzes,
These interventions can assist you to express yourself, share your challenges & thoughts .
WHAT CAN WE SUPPORT WITH?
1. We can work with your family in providing evidence-based interventions & strategies to help:
- develop & build independent living skills,
& lifelong learning.
2. We can support you in adjusting and developing healthy coping styles to improve well-being & individual growth.
3. Assist with working towards NDIS & personal goals.
4. We can support Disability employment counselling, career path planning & employment skills building.
5. We can work with you, your carer(s) & advocates to ensure suitable supports are set up.
6. We work collaboratively with all support providers to ensure you are being well supported in reaching your goals.
CAPACITY BUILDING & INCREASE INDEPENDENCE
WE CAN ASSIST YOU IN DEVELOPING FUNCTIONAL CAPACITY - IMPROVED DAILY LIVING
- Self-knowledge & lifelong learning & confidence.
- Developing knowledge & skills to use personal resources effectively.
- Skills to increase independence.
- Support to gain greater insight into; life, social, career, work, wellbeing challenges.
- Support in working towards NDIS & personal goals.
- Transitioning challenges.
- Emotional regulation & coping skills.
- Expressive language.
- Support with social & emotional development.
- Support building & understanding relationships.
- Increasing independence & confidence.
-Support with understanding verbal & non-verbal social cues/gestures.
- Support with assertive communication skills.
- Support understanding & clearly expressing personal boundaries.
- Emotional acceptance & growth.
- Self-esteem & confidence building.
- Support identifying challenges, needs & gaps.
- Support to re-engage in social & community activities.
- Support to increase motivation & hope.
- Support with understanding your emotions & others.
- Support with expressing needs & wants.
- Building resilience to manage life stress/challenges
© 2023 by Nurture & Grow Counselling Service. All rights reserved.