At Nurture & Grow Counselling Service we provide a range of professional services to support you and your family. Our experienced are counsellors dedicated to helping you build capacity, strengthen relationships in the family home, and learn practical skills to apply in your daily life. We understand the communication behind behaviour and offer support to help you problem-solve so you can find the best solutions for any issues you may be facing. We strive to support parents/carers best way we can, we understand the valuable role they play and want to provide capacity-building skills to sustain the level of support they are providing.
Our parent/carer sessions are designed to provide a safe and supportive environment for individuals and families. We believe that a strong family unit is the foundation for individual growth and development We offer NDIS parent/Carer training to help you navigate the challenges of caring for a loved one with disabilities. Our counsellors will work with you to identify any gaps in services that could be supporting differently or need to be implemented, we develop your knowledge and capacity to further understand the challenges. Our therapists will guide you through exercises and discussions to improve understanding, resolve conflicts, and promote positive interactions.
How we can assist is by:
* Building parent/carers capacity with circles of support – formal and informal support.
* Support with building relationships within the home.
* Support parents/carers in understanding behaviours as a means of communication & strategies to help communicate positively.
* Supporting parent/carers in teaching, learning & practising positive behaviour example; positive reinforcement.
How we assist is by:
* Supporting parent/carers in identifying & building their strengths to help work towards the loved one's goals & development.
* Empowering & developing parent's/carers capacity to navigate appropriate community & NDIS supports.
* Supporting parents/carers in identifying & learning self-care strategies
* Supporting parents/carers in building their capacity to problem solve & find solutions to help their loved one reach their NDIS goals & personal goals.
How we can assist is by:
* Supporting parents/carers to feel more confident in their parenting to better support their loved ones reach their NDIS goals & personal goals.
* Supporting parents/carers to foster & develop their skills to advocate.
* Support parent/carers with suggestions to get the most out of their support & their loved one’s NDIS plan.
* Support parents/carers in identifying gaps in services.
© 2023 by Nurture & Grow Counselling Service. All rights reserved.